Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at email@example.com.
Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010: Level 2
This course builds on the skills and concepts taught in Level 1, going beyond the basics to introduce more advanced administrative features. This ILT Series course is rated 4.9 out of 5.0 in overall quality by ProCert Labs.
Who benefits from SharePoint Level 2?
- Anyone who took Level 1 and wishes to pursue certification
- Anyone interested in expanding their general web design skills
- Any administrative assistants, functional or operations managers, or other similar individuals who are not necessarily IT professionals but are responsible for managing SharePoint sites
- Any entry-level SharePoint solution developers who are capable of creating basic SharePoint sites using built-in templates and want to learn more advanced skills
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Brand a site collection.
- Manage lists in a site collection.
- Manage document libraries.
- Manage form libraries and content structures in a site collection.
- Manage a workflow.
- Manage indexing and searching options.
- Enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- Manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- Manage user access.
- Manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint foundations 2010.
- Manage site usage.
- Perform site maintenance.
WIOA Approved Training Course
Working with ASP.NET Forms
- Create an ASP.NET Form
- Modify Form Control Properties
- Validate Inputs
Implementing Custom Content Types
- Create Custom Content Types
- Add Custom Content Types to a List
Integrating SharePoint Sites with Data Sources
- Access a Data Source
- Manipulate the Data in Data View
Manipulating External Data Sources
- Create External Content Types
- Create an External List
Implementing Advanced Data Integration Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Display Data from a Linked Data Source in a Data View
- Deploy Web Services
- Manage Web Part Zones
- Display XML Data with XSLT
- Create a Site Workflow
- Create a Reusable Workflow
Administering a SharePoint Site Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Manage Permissions for SharePoint Designer 2010
- Save a Customized Site as a SharePoint Site Template
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.