Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010: Level 2
This course builds on the skills and concepts taught in Level 1, going beyond the basics to introduce more advanced administrative features. This ILT Series course is rated 4.9 out of 5.0 in overall quality by ProCert Labs.
Who benefits from SharePoint Level 2?
- Anyone who took Level 1 and wishes to pursue certification
- Anyone interested in expanding their general web design skills
- Any administrative assistants, functional or operations managers, or other similar individuals who are not necessarily IT professionals but are responsible for managing SharePoint sites
- Any entry-level SharePoint solution developers who are capable of creating basic SharePoint sites using built-in templates and want to learn more advanced skills
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Brand a site collection.
- Manage lists in a site collection.
- Manage document libraries.
- Manage form libraries and content structures in a site collection.
- Manage a workflow.
- Manage indexing and searching options.
- Enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- Manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- Manage user access.
- Manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint foundations 2010.
- Manage site usage.
- Perform site maintenance.
WIOA Approved Training Course
Working with ASP.NET Forms
- Create an ASP.NET Form
- Modify Form Control Properties
- Validate Inputs
Implementing Custom Content Types
- Create Custom Content Types
- Add Custom Content Types to a List
Integrating SharePoint Sites with Data Sources
- Access a Data Source
- Manipulate the Data in Data View
Manipulating External Data Sources
- Create External Content Types
- Create an External List
Implementing Advanced Data Integration Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Display Data from a Linked Data Source in a Data View
- Deploy Web Services
- Manage Web Part Zones
- Display XML Data with XSLT
- Create a Site Workflow
- Create a Reusable Workflow
Administering a SharePoint Site Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Manage Permissions for SharePoint Designer 2010
- Save a Customized Site as a SharePoint Site Template
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.