Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ (ECBA™) Exam Prep
Do You Want To Enter the HOT Business Analysis Profession?
American Employers Will Need 876,000 Business Analysis Related Professionals by 2020! *
If you want to enter into the Business Analysis profession but don't know how to get started, this is the course for you! The Certified Business Analysis - IIBA Exam Prep Course will give you all the knowledge you need to understand the global language of business analysis and help you prepare to take the ECBA exam.
Job titles for business analysis practitioners include not only business analyst, but also business systems analyst, systems analyst, requirements engineer, process analyst, product manager, product owner, enterprise analyst, business architect, management consultant, business intelligence analyst, data scientist, and more. Many other jobs, such as management, project management, product management, software development, quality assurance and interaction design rely heavily on business analysis skills for success.
* Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Projections Program
Who Benefits From Getting an ECBA Certificate?
- Individuals entering the BA profession:
- Students enrolled in BA academic programs
- New graduates
- Anyone in job transition looking to get started in Business Analysis
- Professionals changing careers
- Functional managers who are not BAs but manage them
About this Course
MicroTrain’s 3-day Certified Business Analysis - IIBA Exam Prep course instructor-led course is designed to teach the business analysis framework necessary for success on the ECBA exam and on the job. Our certified instructors present the material in an informative, easy-to-digest manner. In addition to hands-on instruction, included in the course fee is a comprehensive course workbook and supplemental training aids.
Microtrain has been helping professionals achieve certifications since 1999. We offer certified instructors, in-classroom instruction, supplemental training materials valued at over $200 and the Microtrain Exam Pass Guarantee. The exam pass guarantee for this course
To be eligible for taking the ECBA exam, you must first meet specific education requirements and adhere to a professional code of conduct. (See below for details.)
A combination of live instructor-led lecture facilitated discussion and exercises, and numerous practice test questions contribute to successful exam readiness. In-class assignments and instructor-led reviews are designed to help you understand, not just memorize key business analysis concepts.
Each participant will receive the following course materials:
Comprehensive Student Workbook
- Covers all the Knowledge Areas, tasks, guidelines, tools and techniques along with practice questions
BABOK Guide 3.0
- Paper version for classroom use
- .pdf version for an additional resource (available with your IIBA membership)
"How to Talk BA" book
- Handy size summary of over 300 critical business analysis terms
- Great resource for all levels and anyone associated with business analysis
- Includes references to the BABOK® Guide v3 - - Includes examples to clarify and make the terms practical
- Essential for mastering terms when preparing for the ECBA/CCBA/CBAP exams
FREE Mini-Subscription to Exam Simulator
- Realistic questions, similar in tone and quality to the actual exam, to reduce surprises and increase confidence when you sit for the exam
- 3 categories of questions: Warm-ups, Drills, and full-length Simulations providing unlimited practice tests
- Online Assessment System with similar features as Prometric Assessment System
- Instant detailed feedback on every question with reference numbers to explain both correct and incorrect answers and solidify retention
- Review the questions and answers of any exam you have taken
- Stop and start your exams according to your schedule, regardless of which device you use
- Available 24/7 from the moment you sign up, so you can study anytime, anywhere
- Practice on the go! The Online Study Exams are cloud-based, so you can access it from any computer or device, including Apple, Windows, and Android tablets—anywhere.
ECBA™ Exam Blueprint Outline
The ECBA™ exam is one hour long and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. These questions test the candidate’s knowledge and understanding defined by the competencies for this Level 1 certificate in the IIBA Certification Framework. The components tested in the exam are listed in the exam blueprint.
Click here for sample questions.
The ECBA™ exam blueprint, which is aligned with BABOK® Guide v3, is as follows:
Business Analysis Knowledge
Business Analysis & the BA Professional
Business Analysis Key Concepts
BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas
Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
Elicitation & Collaboration
Requirements Life Cycle Management
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
MicroTrain's Course Learning Objectives
- Understands the Business Analyst role
- Can list and describe the appropriate Knowledge Areas, Tasks, and Techniques
- Exhibits fundamental understanding of requirements classification schema
- Displays a minimum proficiency in the Underlying Competencies
- Able to follow defined processes and techniques to perform tasks
MicroTrain's Course Outline
- Business Analysis Key Concepts
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Underlying Competencies
- Exam Information
You don't need to have any previous Business Analysis work experience to qualify for taking the ECBA examination, a 50-question, multiple-choice test.
However, you must have the minimum number of hours of professional development in the time frame listed for the certificate level.
- 21 hours of business analysis classroom education completed in the last 4 years.
- The content of these professional development activities must be aligned with the BABOK® Guide v3.
- This course provides all 21 business analysis education hours PLUS and additional 3 hours of in-class business analysis education and exam preparation.
Application and Exam Fees *
Application Fee (non-refundable)
* NOTE - This course is a WIOA Approved Training Program.
Tips for Exam Success
In preparation for the best success in earning the ECBA certificate, take these steps before the course begins:
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes are expected to start and end on-time and students who arrive late or leave early will miss important course content and exam-related information.
- Students are advised to read the BABOK Guide prior to class. Members of IIBA have access to a free copy of the BABOK Guide online.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.