Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) Exam Prep
Do You Want One of the Fastest Growing Careers Today?
Job titles for business analysis practitioners include not only business analyst, but also business systems analyst, systems analyst, requirements engineer, process analyst, product manager, product owner, enterprise analyst, business architect, management consultant, business intelligence analyst, data scientist, and more. Many other jobs, such as management, project management, product management, software development, quality assurance and interaction design rely heavily on business analysis skills for success.
American employers will need 876,000 business analysis related professionals by 2020!(Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Employment Projections Program)
If you want to advance your career in the Business Analysis profession, this is the course for you! This Certified Business Analysis - IIBA Exam Prep course will give you all the knowledge you need to understand the global language of business analysis and prepare to take the Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) exam.
Get Your CCBA® Certification to Get On The Career Fast Track in Business Analysis!
Who benefits from a CCBA® Certification?
- Anyone who has 2-3 years of business analysis experience
- Anyone in career transition looking to stand out to employers and recruiters
- Anyone who wants to be recognized for their expertise and skills by earning a formal certification
- Anyone who wishes to stay up-to-date with industry best practices
- Organizations can demonstrate to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff, and investors that you use industry-standard business analysis practices.
NOTE - This is a WIOA Approved Training Program.
About this Course
MicroTrain’s 3-day Certified Business Analysis - IIBA Exam Prep course instructor-led course is designed to teach the business analysis framework necessary for success on the exam and on the job.
Microtrain has been helping professionals achieve certifications since 1999. We offer certified instructors, in-classroom instruction, supplemental training materials valued at over $200 and the Microtrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
To be eligible for the CCBA® certification, you must first meet specific education and experience requirements and adhere to a professional code of conduct. (See below for details.)
A combination of live instructor-led lecture facilitated discussion and exercises, and numerous practice test questions contribute to successful exam readiness. In-class assignments and instructor-led reviews are designed to help you understand, not just memorize key business analysis concepts.
Each participant will receive the following course materials:
Comprehensive Student Workbook
- Covers all the Knowledge Areas, tasks, guidelines, tools and techniques along with practice questions
BABOK Guide 3.0
- Paper version for classroom use
- .pdf version for an additional resource (available with your IIBA membership)
"How to Talk BA" book
- Handy size summary of over 300 critical business analysis terms
- Great resource for all levels and anyone associated with business analysis
- Includes references to the BABOK® Guide v3 - - Includes examples to clarify and make the terms practical
- Essential for mastering terms when preparing for the ECBA/CCBA/CBAP exams
FREE Mini-Subscription to Exam Simulator
- Realistic questions, similar in tone and quality to the actual exam, to reduce surprises and increase confidence when you sit for the exam
- 3 categories of questions: Warm-ups, Drills, and full-length Simulations providing unlimited practice tests
- Online Assessment System with similar features as Prometric Assessment System
- Instant detailed feedback on every question with reference numbers to explain both correct and incorrect answers and solidify retention
- Review the questions and answers of any exam you have taken
- Stop and start your exams according to your schedule, regardless of which device you use
- Available 24/7 from the moment you sign up, so you can study anytime, anywhere
- Practice on the go! The Online Study Exams are cloud-based, so you can access it from any computer or device, including Apple, Windows, and Android tablets—anywhere.
CCBA Exam Blueprint Outline
Aligned to the BABOK® Guide v3 Knowledge Areas, the CCBA exams will be weighted as follows:Domain CCBA Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring 12% Elicitation and Collaboration 20% Requirements Life Cycle Management 18% Strategy Analysis 12% Requirements Analysis and Design Definition 32% Solution Evaluation 6%
- Knowledge Area Requirement: From within all of the business analysis work experience hours a minimum of 900 hours in each of 2 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Version 3 Knowledge Areas or a minimum of 500 hours in each of 4 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Version 3 Knowledge Areas
Tips for Exam Success
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes are expected to start and end promptly and students who arrive late or leave early will miss exam-related information.
In preparation for the best success in earning the CCBA® certification, take these steps before the course begins:
- Create or update your TheProfessional.me profile for access to all class information details, exam preparation learning aids and class notifications
- Complete or mostly complete your CCBA® exam application. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online at IIBA's website
- Members of IIBA have access to a free copy of the BABOK Guide online. Students are advised to read the BABOK Guide prior to class.
Exam CCBA: Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™
To help you prepare for the exam, review the following:
- Exam Day Information
- Certification Handbook
- Exam Blueprint
- Sample Questions
- Guide to Competency-Based Certification
Exam Information Summary
500+ hours in 4 of the knowledge areas
|Number of Questions||130|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||3 hours|
|IIBA Membership Fee||$125 USD|
|Exam Fee||$325 USD
If you need to cancel your exam, refer to the Exam Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.
If you are a WIOA client, you must follow MicroTrain's application and exam payment process.
Otherwise, you pay for the application and exam fee per IIBA requirements as stipulated above.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Recently Employed at Comcast
It means a lot to have a relationship with my Career Service Manger, and Elliott Esparza has been great to work with. We went over my resume, completed mock interviews, he kept me informed about positions that fit my skill set, gave me motivational advice...what else can I say, he has been great! I wouldn't have been able to get this job without his help! Working with Elliot definitely helped to open up more job opportunities and also gave me a fresh perspective on how I can improve my interviewing skills while I still was looking for work. If you want the best technical training, MicroTrain is definitely the school to attend. They have so much to offer their students: career services, resume workshops, hiring events, knowledgeable instructors, mock interviewing - their critical path tool is also an excellent resource. MicroTrain staff, instructors, and career services definitely go out of their way to ensure the success of their students.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.