Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at email@example.com.
Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010: Level 1
As organizations begin to rely on more forms of technology and media to complete tasks, software is adapting to accommodate and support these team efforts. Microsoft SharePoint synchronizes all office communications and multimedia into one place so that teams can complete projects more smoothly. This ILT Series course is rated 4.9 out of 5.0 in overall quality by ProCert Labs and teaches the core features and functions of SharePoint Designer 2010.
Who benefits from SharePoint Level 1?
- Anyone who wishes to learn basic web design
- Any web designers or solution developers who want to learn to create, customize, and manage SharePoint sites
- Any web designers or solution developers who wish to create dynamic pages using Web Parts and workflows
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use, create and edit content in a team site.
- Create and perform basic management of a team site.
- Identify basic functions of collaboration technology and Microsoft SharePoint foundation 2010 team sites.
- Add and modify list items and work with list views.
- Add, edit, and share documents across libraries and wikis.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Work remotely with SharePoint content.
- Customize your SharePoint environment.
After this course, students will move on to Level 2 to continue certification.
WIOA Approved Training Course
Getting Started with the SharePoint Designer Environment
- Identify SharePoint Designer Interface Components
- Get Help in SharePoint Designer
- Customize the SharePoint Designer Interface
Creating a Subsite
- Create a Blank Subsite
- Create a Page Layout
- Add Content to a Master Page
Adding Content to the Site
- Add and Format Text
- Work with Tables
- Work with Images
Formatting a Site with Cascading Style Sheets
- Create an External Style Sheet
- Create Internal Styles
- Modify External Style Sheets
Linking Web Pages
- Add Hyperlinks
- Create a Hotspot
- Create Bookmark Links
- Open a Linked Page in a New Browser Window
Adding SharePoint Components to the Site
- Add Lists and Libraries to the Site
- Add Web Parts to a Site
Automating Business Processes with Workflows
- Create a Workflow
- Modify a Workflow
Students should have taken the Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0: Level 1 course or have an equivalent knowledge. Recommended, though not required, are the following courses: * Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0: Level 2 * Cascading Style Sheets (Third Edition)
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.