Microsoft Office 2016 Excel Level 3
Welcome to the third part of our Microsoft Office Excel 2016 courseware. This version of Excel incorporates some new features and connectivity options in efforts to make collaboration and production as easy as possible.
This course is intended to help all users get up to speed on the different aspects of Excel, including some of its more advanced features. We will cover how to automate worksheet functionality, audit worksheets, analyze data, work with multiple workbooks, export Excel data, as well as import and export XML data.
About this Course
By the end of this course, users should be comfortable with automating worksheet functionality, auditing worksheets, using a variety of different analysis tools, working effectively with multiple workbooks, exporting Excel data, as well as importing and exporting XML data to and from a workbook. This course is broken up into lessons. Each lesson focuses on several key topics, each of which are broken down into easy-to-follow concepts. At the end of each topic, you will be given an activity to complete. At the end of each lesson, we will summarize what has been covered and provide a few review questions for you to answer. Supplemental learning for selected topics is provided in the form of Lesson Labs at the end of this book.
Lesson 1: Auditing Worksheets
Lesson 2: Working with Multiple Workbooks
Lesson 3: Automating Worksheet Functionality
Lesson 4: Analyzing and Presenting Data
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data with PivotTables, Slicers, PivotCharts and Data Models
Lesson 6: Exporting Excel Data
Lesson 7: Importing and Exporting XML Data
This class assumes the user has completed or has an understanding of the materials covered in the second part of the Microsoft Office Excel 2016 courseware, including:
§ Creating advanced formulas
§ Analyzing data with logical and lookup functions
§ Organizing worksheet data with tables
§ Visualizing data with charts
§ Analyzing data with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts
§ Inserting graphics
§ Enhancing workbooks
Exam 77-727: Microsoft Office 2016 Excel
Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2016: Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Presentation
- Attend all classes to satisfy the required education requirement.
- Review the skills measured by the 77-727 certification exam
- Read MicroTrain Excel 2016 Courseware, Level 1,2 and 3 books
- Complete the classroom labs
- Read GMetrix MOS Practice Tests Quick Start Guide and download GMetrix SMS client.
- Qualify for MicroTrain Exam Guarantee, within one (1) year from voucher start date, email two (2) practice exam results in the certification mode with a score of 90% or better to firstname.lastname@example.org, and sit for certification exam within 30 days.
- Read the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs
- Locate a Certiport testing center near you
- Create a Certiport Account and Schedule Your Exam
- Before exam day, save time and review the Microsoft Office Specialist exam instructions/tutorial
- Pass the Microsoft Office Specialist 2016 Excel exam (77-727). The certification exam must be taken within 30 days of completing the course. The 77- 727 exam is 50 minutes long and consists of 35 performance-based questions conducted in a live or simulated environment. Upon completion of the exam, you will see the overall pass/fail test results.
- Upload photocopy of certification results in your theprofessional.me account. Log in to your theprofessional.me account, click Get Certified in the navigation bar, then navigate to Exam 77-727: Microsoft Office 2016 Excel and click the hyperlink next to Date, verify exam date, choose a file to upload, and record your results.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.