Leading SAFe® 5
Leading SAFe 5
While Agile methods have been found to be readily applicable to small teams, most organizations today work across collaborative teams, complex systems and geographies. This requires Agile to work across the enterprise to bring in the benefits of faster delivery, better quality products and quicker response to customer queries. However, agile transformation across such a large scale is prone to failures due to lack of proper structure and processes, which results in agile implementations not yielding the expected impact.
The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) is a complete methodology for large-scale Agile project teams to carry out an Agile transformation seamlessly. Applying Lean/Agile principles and practices across all levels within an enterprise is the first step toward such a change. The SAFe® framework effortlessly synchronizes the alignment, collaboration, and delivery of multiple agile teams, leading the way to enterprise success. Now in its latest release that is version 5, SAFe promises to bring in full business agility with significant advances in strategy, execution, and leadership competencies that will help individuals and organizations deliver innovative business solutions and supersede the competition.
With more than 70% of US Fortune 100 companies actively employing SAFe®, it is clear that the demand for Leading SAFe® is on a constant rise. Earning Leading SAFe® 5 certifications from a globally renowned accreditation body i.e. Scaled Agile gives you a major lead over your peers and places you at the helm of Agile transformation in enterprises. The Leading SAFe® certificate has become the benchmark for Lean-Agile enterprises. It widens your scope in the industry both in terms of value and career opportunities.
About this Course
During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
1. Learn fundamentals Learn how Lean, Agile, and Product Development Flow form the basics of Scaled Agile Framework®.
2. Effective scaling Apply SAFe® values of a Lean-Agile mindset to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise.
3. Lean-Agile principles Recognize and apply the Lean-Agile mindset and principles and become a Lean-thinking manager.
4. Maximize value Integrate, deploy, and release value to support PI planning and events in Program execution.
5. Lean Portfolio Empower with a Lean Portfolio by applying Lean-Agile principles to the roles & principles of SAFe®.
6. Seven core competencies Understand the seven core competencies in SAFe® 5.0 and coordinate the development of large solutions.
7. Leadership skills Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills & create high-performing, purpose-bound Agile teams.
8. Lead transformation Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise with the SAFe® Implementation Roadmap.
9. Lean Portfolio Management Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management (LPM).
Any interested individual regardless of experience can attend this course. But, it is highly recommended that those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam should have:
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Prior working experience in Scrum
Exam: Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.