ITIL 4® Foundation
The ITIL 4 Foundation is an entry-level qualification that is beneficial to anyone looking to expand their technical knowledge, especially those looking to offer IT service management skills. Individuals in IT management positions with ITIL 4 Foundation certifications earn salaries ranging from $60K-$120K according to PayScale.com. IT training is in high demand, and ITIL® pairs well with many other MicroTrain programs.
MicroTrain offers ITIL certified instructors, in-classroom training, and supplemental materials in the form of online videos and practice tests for post-class and pre-exam review. The exam is covered by our Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from ITIL® training?
- Anyone seeking a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework
- Anyone looking to stand out to employers and recruiters
- Anyone seeking professional development, recognition, or promotion
- Anyone who wishes to stay competitive in the rapidly changing technology industry
About this Course
Microtrain offers a 3-day course to prepare for the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification exam. The ITIL® 4 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management demonstrates an understanding of the key concepts, guiding principles and four dimensions of IT Service Management, within an IT Service Value System (SVS). This course outline follows the ITIL® Foundation: ITIL® 4 Edition.
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL® service management.
- Understand how ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL® service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL practices.
WIOA Approved Training Course
- Introduction and recap of ITIL® 4 concepts based on pre-course reading
- Service Management: Key Concepts
- The Guiding Principles
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- The ITIL® Service Value System
- Continual Improvement
- The ITIL® Practices
- The cost of the exam is included in the price of the course.
|Number of Questions||40|
|Passing Score||26 out of 40, 65%|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||60 minutes|
|Exam Results||Provided immediately|
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.