Human Resources - PHR | SPHR
Earn the (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR®) certification and prove your knowledge, competency, and value to colleagues and employers. Gain a competitive edge.
This 2020 PHR Learning System online course delivers the most comprehensive, flexible and effective PHR and SPHR exam preparation. Designed using a proven approach for teaching adult learners, this system helps you understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR Knowledge. Online learning modules, based on PHR training content, and interactive study tools, testing your knowledge and decision making skills, are incorporated into the study process. There’s no better way to successfully prepare for the PHR or SPHR certification exams.
We are able to build our course on the PHR Learning System, giving you access to the most effective and up-to-date exam preparation tools available. Some of the practice questions in this program were previously on the actual SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
- Effective and proven results. Candidates who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the average exam pass rate.
- One source for knowledge and application. All the study tools you need to learn, reinforce, and test your knowledge.
- Most current and relevant. The PHR Learning System has been updated to align with the certification exam objectives
- Convenient 24/7 online access to your study tools from mobile devices, tablets, and computers.
Offered in partnership with HR Training Schools, the curriculum provided in the 2020 PHR Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire PHR Body of Competency and Knowledge™ Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Commit to Your Career
HRCI® global HR credentials, PHR and SPHR, offer growth, advancement and recognition. These credentials are based on extensive global research involving employers, academics, and practicing HR professionals at all levels to ensure they maintain an industry-leading level of excellence and relevance in this ever-evolving profession.
By becoming PHR certified, you prove your knowledge, competency and value to colleagues and to employers looking for a competitive edge in today's global economy. Wherever your career takes you, your PHR certification will define you as an HR expert and leader.
Ensure you're prepared with our course designed for PHR credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive multiple session program combines expert instruction with the 2020 PHR Learning System®, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
About this Course
Assess your current knowledge
- Complete an online assessment to determine current knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
- Create a personal SmartStudy plan to identify learning priorities, estimate study time and create a roadmap to success.
Study your way to success
- Read learning modules based upon the SHRM BoCK online or offline with two flexible options. When you’re online, navigate quickly and easily from reading a module to completing questions and other activities. For offline access, download the e-reader files to your device.
- Review Quickstart videos to provide an overview of the foundational elements for each of the HR behavioral competencies.
- Study Flashcards in online or printed format to reinforce your memory of key terms and concepts.
Apply what you have learned
- Utilize 2,500+ practice questions to assess your competencies and test your knowledge and understanding.
- Engage in six “competencies in action” activities that put you in the role of an HR professional who is faced with unique challenges. Analyze the situation, consider the background information, complete the activities and make your decision!
Pass your exam with confidence
- Complete a post-test which mimics the SHRM CP and SHRM SCP exam format and weighting to build exam day confidence.
- Review test-taking tips and download the SHRM Certification Handbook.
- Online assessment to determine current knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
SmartStudy Planning Tool
- Create a personal SmartStudy plan to identify priorities, estimate study time and create a roadmap to success.
- Eight online videos that provide an overview of the foundational elements for each of the behavioral competencies.
- Designed to be a starting point to understand the behavioral competencies from an overview level.
- Nearly 400 flashcards covering all four modules.
- Available in online and printable formats.
- 2,500+ questions.
- Some practice questions were previously on actual SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP exams
- Knowledge tests for each section within all four modules.
- Situational judgment tests for each of the four modules.
Competencies in Action
- Six engaging activities that put you in the role of an HR professional faced with unique challenges.
- Analyze the situation, consider the background information, complete the activities and make your decision.
- Two competencies in action for each competency cluster.
- Comprehensive glossary of terms for easy reference.
- Available online or while reading the materials.
- Additional resources including index for learning modules, summary of key formulas, summary of laws and a summary of legal cases.
- Flashcards, available in online or printed format.
- Related Links to key HR information such as certification and additional resources.
- Feedback forum for evaluation and suggestions.
- HR Updates with legislative changes and new HR developments.
- Tests are weighted and balanced based on SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP exams.
- Multiple choice knowledge questions and situational judgment scenarios with 2-4 related questions.
- Includes strike through, mark and review and time limits, consistent with the SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP exams.
Study with learning modules that provide an in-depth exploration of the knowledge domains and behavioral competencies tested on the SHRM exams.
Module: HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
U.S. Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. Only)
To be eligible for the PHR certification you must meet one of the following conditions for education and/or experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a Master’s degree or higher,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position.
Exam PHR: Professional in Human Resources
Standard Exam Fee: $395
Application Processing Fee (Required by HRCI): $100
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.