CompTIA CySA+ (Cybersecurity Analyst)
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an international, vendor-neutral cybersecurity certification that applies behavioral analytics to improve the overall state of IT security. CySA+ validates critical knowledge and skills that are required to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
About this Course
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions such as firewalls, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for most organizations. The behavioral analytics skills covered by CySA+ identify and combat malware, and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. CompTIA CySA+ is for IT professionals looking to gain the following security analyst skills:
- Configure and use threat detection tools.
- Perform data analysis.
- Interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes.
- Given a scenario, analyze the results of a network reconnaissance.
- Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure.
- Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment.
- Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process.
- Given a scenario, analyze the output resulting from a vulnerability scan.
- Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets within an organization.
Cyber Incident Response
- Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behavior to determine the impact of an incident.
- Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during an investigation.
- Explain the importance of communication during the incident response process.
- Given a scenario, analyze common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response.
- Summarize the incident recovery and post-incident response process.
Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures.
- Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management.
- Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls.
- Given a scenario, use application security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Compare and contrast the general purpose and reasons for using various cybersecurity tools and technologies.
The CompTIA CySA+ exam is an internationally targeted validation of intermediate-level security skills and knowledge. While there is no required prerequisite, the CompTIA CySA+ certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, "hands-on" focus on IT security analytics.
It is recommended for CompTIA CySA+ certification candidates to have the following:
- Network+, Security+ or equivalent general computer networking knowledge or related experience
Exam: CompTIA CySA+
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.