Cisco CCNP - Implementing and Operating Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies (CLCOR)
Integrate and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications Manager with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for user synchronization and user authentication Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager provisioning features Configure and troubleshoot collaboration endpoints
About this Course
You will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement and deploy core collaboration and networking technologies, including infrastructure and design, protocols, codecs, and endpoints, Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) XE gateway and media resources, call control, Quality of Service (QoS), and additional Cisco collaboration applications.
This course also helps you prepare you to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies (350-801 CLCOR), which is part of the new CCNP Collaboration, CCIE Collaboration, and the Cisco Certified Specialist - Collaboration Core certifications.
- Describe the Cisco Collaboration solutions architecture
- Compare the IP Phone signaling protocols of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), H323, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), and Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP)
- Integrate and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications Manager with LDAP for user synchronization and user authentication
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager provisioning features
- Describe the different codecs and how they are used to transform analogue voice into digital streams
- Describe a dial plan, and explain call routing in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Implement Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) access using MGCP gateways
- Implement a Cisco gateway for PSTN access
- Configure calling privileges in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Implement toll fraud prevention
- Implement globalized call routing within a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster
- Implement and troubleshoot media resources in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Describe Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence, including call flows and protocols
- Describe and configure endpoints and commonly required features- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco Unity Connection integration
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco Unity Connection call handlers
- Describe how Mobile Remote Access (MRA) is used to allow endpoints to work from outside the company
- Analyze traffic patterns and quality issues in converged IP networks supporting voice, video, and data traffic
- Define QoS and its models
- Implement classification and marking
- Configure classification and marking options on Cisco Catalyst switches
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching, and routing
- Basics of digital interfaces, Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTNs), and Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment
- Holder of the Cisco CCNA certification ideally
Exam 350-801 CLCOR: CCNP
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.