Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at email@example.com.
CCSP Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Exam No. 642-533 The third of five modules of the CCSP track.
Microtrain offers certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, and all relevant Cisco routers, firewalls and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of network support demonstrated with a valid CCNA certification or comparable experience.
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and explain the various intrusion detection technologies and evasive techniques
- Design a Cisco IDS protection solution for small, medium, and enterprise customers
- Identify the Cisco IDS Sensor platforms and describe their features
- Install and configure a Cisco IDS Sensor including a network appliance and IDS module
- Tune and customize Cisco IDS signatures to work optimally in specific environments
- Configure a Cisco IDS Sensor to perform device management of supported blocking devices
- Describe the Cisco IDS signatures and determine the immediate threat posed to the network
- Perform maintenance operations such as signature updates, software upgrades, data archival and license updates
- Describe the Cisco IDS architecture including supporting services and configuration files
- Monitor a Cisco IDS protection solution for small and medium networks
- Manage a large scale deployment of Cisco IDS Sensors with Cisco IDS Management software
- Monitor a large scale deployment of Cisco IDS Sensors with Cisco IDS Monitoring software
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.