CCSP Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Exam No. 642-533 The third of five modules of the CCSP track.
Microtrain offers certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, and all relevant Cisco routers, firewalls and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of network support demonstrated with a valid CCNA certification or comparable experience.
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and explain the various intrusion detection technologies and evasive techniques
- Design a Cisco IDS protection solution for small, medium, and enterprise customers
- Identify the Cisco IDS Sensor platforms and describe their features
- Install and configure a Cisco IDS Sensor including a network appliance and IDS module
- Tune and customize Cisco IDS signatures to work optimally in specific environments
- Configure a Cisco IDS Sensor to perform device management of supported blocking devices
- Describe the Cisco IDS signatures and determine the immediate threat posed to the network
- Perform maintenance operations such as signature updates, software upgrades, data archival and license updates
- Describe the Cisco IDS architecture including supporting services and configuration files
- Monitor a Cisco IDS protection solution for small and medium networks
- Manage a large scale deployment of Cisco IDS Sensors with Cisco IDS Management software
- Monitor a large scale deployment of Cisco IDS Sensors with Cisco IDS Monitoring software
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.