Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazon AWS - Certified Big Data - Specialty
Big Data on AWS introduces you to cloud-based big data solutions such as Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis and the rest of the AWS big data platform. In this course, we show you how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. We also teach you how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
About this Course
- Apache Hadoop in the context of Amazon EMR
- The architecture of an Amazon EMR cluster
- Launch an Amazon EMR cluster using an appropriate Amazon Machine Image and Amazon EC2 instance types
- Appropriate AWS data storage options for use with Amazon EMR
- Ingesting, transferring, and compressing data for use with Amazon EMR
- Use common programming frameworks available for Amazon EMR including Hive, Pig, and Streaming
- Work with Amazon Redshift to implement a big data solution
- Leverage big data visualization software
- Appropriate security options for Amazon EMR and your data
- Perform in-memory data analysis with Spark and Shark on Amazon EMR
- Options to manage your Amazon EMR environment cost-effectively
- Benefits of using Amazon Kinesis for big data
- Overview of Big Data
- Data Ingestion, Transfer, and Compression
- AWS Data Storage Options
- Using DynamoDB with Amazon EMR
- Using Kinesis for Near Real-Time Big Data Processing
- Introduction to Apache Hadoop and Amazon EMR
- Using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- The Hadoop Ecosystem
- Using Hive for Advertising Analytics
- Using Streaming for Life Sciences Analytics
- Using Hue with Amazon EMR
- Running Pig Scripts with Hue on Amazon EMR
- Spark on Amazon EMR
- Running Spark and Spark SQL Interactively on Amazon EMR
- Using Spark and Spark SQL for In-Memory Analytics
- Managing Amazon EMR Costs
- Securing your Amazon EMR Deployments
- Data Warehouses and Columnar Datastores
- Introduction to Amazon Redshift
- Optimizing Your Amazon Redshift Environment
- The Big Data Ecosystem on AWS
- Visualizing and Orchestrating Big Data
- Using Tibco Spotfire to Visualize Big Data
It's highly recommended that one earns their AWS Cloud Practioner or any other AWS certification.
AWS Exam: AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.