Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCSA: 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (20463D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the knowledge and skills to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014.
- Any data professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse
- Design and implement a data warehouse
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
Exam 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
The Logistics of Your Exam
- The cost of the exam is an additional $165
Locate a Pearson Vue testing center near you
Create a Microsoft Profile and register for your exam
Review Microsoft Exam Policies prior to taking your exam
|Number of Questions||40-60|
|Passing Score||700 (on a scale of 1-1000)|
|Types of Questions||
|Length of Test||120 minutes|
|Exam Results||Provided within minutes of completing exam|
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.