MCSA: 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (20463D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the knowledge and skills to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014.
- Any data professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse
- Design and implement a data warehouse
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.