Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at email@example.com.
MCSA: 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20462D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. This course prepares students for exam 70-462.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone who is interested in learning how to administer and maintain SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
- Any individuals who have or desire roles that rely on databases and database administration
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and install SQL Server 2014
- Configure SQL Server databases
- Describe SQL Server recovery models
- Back and restore databases
- Import and export data
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Use server and database roles
- Configure and assign permissions
- Use encryption and auditing
- Manage SQL Server Agent and jobs
- Configure security for SQL Server Agent
- Use PowerShell to manage SQL Server
- Configure Database Mail, alerts, and notifications
- Maintain databases
- Configure SQL Profiler and SQL Trace and use the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Monitor data by using Dynamic Management Views
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- 20461C: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Exam 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases
The Logistics of Your Exam
- The cost of the exam is an additional $165
Locate a Pearson Vue testing center near you
Create a Microsoft Profile and register for your exam
Review Microsoft Exam Policies prior to taking your exam
|Number of Questions||40-60|
|Passing Score||700 (on a scale of 1-1000)|
|Types of Questions||
|Length of Test||120 minutes|
|Exam Results||Provided within minutes of completing exam|
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.