MCSA: 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20462D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. This course prepares students for exam 70-462.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone who is interested in learning how to administer and maintain SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
- Any individuals who have or desire roles that rely on databases and database administration
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and install SQL Server 2014
- Configure SQL Server databases
- Describe SQL Server recovery models
- Back and restore databases
- Import and export data
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Use server and database roles
- Configure and assign permissions
- Use encryption and auditing
- Manage SQL Server Agent and jobs
- Configure security for SQL Server Agent
- Use PowerShell to manage SQL Server
- Configure Database Mail, alerts, and notifications
- Maintain databases
- Configure SQL Profiler and SQL Trace and use the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Monitor data by using Dynamic Management Views
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- 20461C: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.