MCSA: 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20462D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. This course prepares students for exam 70-462.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone who is interested in learning how to administer and maintain SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
- Any individuals who have or desire roles that rely on databases and database administration
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and install SQL Server 2014
- Configure SQL Server databases
- Describe SQL Server recovery models
- Back and restore databases
- Import and export data
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Use server and database roles
- Configure and assign permissions
- Use encryption and auditing
- Manage SQL Server Agent and jobs
- Configure security for SQL Server Agent
- Use PowerShell to manage SQL Server
- Configure Database Mail, alerts, and notifications
- Maintain databases
- Configure SQL Profiler and SQL Trace and use the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Monitor data by using Dynamic Management Views
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- 20461C: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.