MCSA: 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20461D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines, namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. This course prepares students for exam 70-461.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone interested in learning the new features and data capabilities of SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
- Any Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals who wish to sharpen their skillset
- Anyone responsible for report writing, business analysis and client application development
- Working knowledge if relational databases
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages
- Write Transact-SQL queries using the SELECT statement
- Query multiple tables
- Limit the rows that queries return and control the order in which the rows are displayed
- Describe SQL Server 2014 data types
- Use Transact-SQL functions
- Aggregate data using Transact-SQL
- Nest Transact-SQL queries using subqueries
- Describe and implement table expressions
- Compare rows between two input sets
- Write queries that use window functions
- Use the PIVOT operator to change the orientation of data
- Create and execute stored procedures
- Enhance your T-SQL code with programming elements
- Implement error handling and transactions in Transact-SQL
- Describe techniques to improve query performance
- Query SQL Server metadata
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.