CCNP Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
The Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW 642-825) is a qualifying exam for the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP®. The ISCW 642-825 exam will certify that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to secure and expand the reach of an enterprise network to teleworkers and remote sites with a focus on securing remote access and VPN client configuration. The exam covers topics on Cisco hierarchical network model as it pertains to the WAN, teleworker configuration and access, frame mode MPLS, site-to-site IPSEC VPN, Cisco EZVPN, strategies used to mitigate network attacks, Cisco device hardening and IOS firewall features.
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice. Implement EIGRP operations
- Explain the functions and operations of EIGRP (e.g., DUAL).
- Configure EIGRP routing. (e.g., Stub Routing, authentication, etc.)
- Verify or troubleshoot EIGRP routing configurations.
Implement multiarea OSPF operations
- Explain the functions and operations of multiarea OSPF.
- Configure multiarea OSPF routing. (e.g., Stub, NSSA, authentication, etc.)
- Verify or troubleshoot multiarea OSPF routing configurations.
Describe integrated IS-IS
- Describe the features and benefits of integrated IS-IS.
- Configure and verify integrated IS-IS.
Implement Cisco IOS routing features
- Describe, configure or verify route redistribution between IP routing IGPs. (e.g., route-maps, default routes, etc.)
- Describe, configure or verify route filtering (i.e., distribute-lists and passive interfaces).
- Describe and configure DHCP services (e.g., Server, Client, IP helper address, etc.).
Implement BGP for enterprise ISP connectivity
- Describe the functions and operations of BGP.
- Configure or verify BGP operation in a non-transit AS (e.g., authentication).
- Configure BGP path selection. (i.e., Local Preference, AS Path, Weight or MED attributes).
Implement multicast forwarding
- Describe IP Multicast (e.g., Layer-3 to Layer-2 mapping, IGMP, etc.).
- Describe, configure, or verify IP multicast routing (i.e., PIM Sparse-Dense Mode).
- Describe IPv6 addressing operations.
- Describe IPv6 interoperation with IPv4.
- Describe, configure or verify OSPF routing with IPv6 addressing.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.