Chicago area career training
"How To Market Yourself For Your Next Great Job" Workshop
Who Benefits From This Workshop?
This workshop is designed for those people:
- who want to learn key career and marketing tools to land your next great job
- who want to understand how to search for a job in the 21st century
About This Course
How Connected Are You?
Social media is how people, in the 21st century, connect to find jobs. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to direct their job search efforts to social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter. Launched in 2003, LinkedIn is an online professional networking platform that currently has millions of members worldwide. LinkedIn is a practical solution for Job seekers like you because it allows you to connect with hiring officials, recruiters, and other professionals to find employment. LinkedIn.com is the preferred tool that recruiters and hiring managers use to find top talent.
You may already be familiar with Linkedin however, in this workshop, we will help you create an "All Star" LinkedIn profile that will showcase your professional brand.
Is Your Resume Getting the Response You Want?
The digital age has changed job search strategies. This age has ushered in an era where job applicants are required to submit their resumes through an online electronic processing system known as the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a software application that electronically handles recruitment needs. A vast majority of employers look to ATS to select resumes from applicants to fill at least 70% of their job openings. Companies use ATS to eliminate much of the initial screening time and cost associated with the recruiting process. As a result, job applicants are strongly encouraged to post their resumes online.
In this workshop, you will learn how to make your resume ATS friendly. PLUS what you need to do to create a master resume and multiple targeted resumes which will give you the recruiter attention you want.
Are You Concerned About Job Interviews?
Job candidates understand the importance of preparing for an interview. However, many are not familiar with the strategy of preparing for a behavioral interview. Hiring officials use the behavioral interviewing approach to determine if a job candidate’s work experience and behaviors meet the job requirements.
In this workshop, you will learn how to use TheProfessional.me Behavioral Interview tool to prepare and guide you through those tough interview questions.
Get that job you crave. Join us in our dynamic, 1-day workshop to learn about job search key tools and advanced techniques to get you back to work.
“Debra is an outstanding instructor. She's very thorough, patient and willing to explain or answer questions at any time throughout the class. She solicits feedback, is very open, positive and energetic. She treats the class as peers, which makes for great conversations. I really got a lot out of her class. Bravo!"
“Great real life examples and discussion. Job well done.”
“Found additional information that was very helpful to me in my job pursuit.”
"It was well-worth the 50-mile drive!"
“The teacher was excellent. Good pace, learned more than I thought I would on resumes.”
Workshop Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this workshop, you will be able to demonstrate an ability to use MicroTrain’s Professional.Me tool to:
- Establish a job search plan.
- Develop improved ATS friendly master and targeted resumes.
- Construct and practice your elevator pitch.
- Create a strategy for the behavioral interview.
- Understand how to develop an "All Star" LinkedIn profile.
- Establish your job search expectations and confirm your training goals to support your job search
- Create your Targeted Resume using the “Resume GAP Analysis” tool in Professional.Me.
- Understand common practices for submitting resumes through the Applicant Tracking System.
- Explore the steps of creating an elevator pitch.
- Prepare for scenario based role-specific behavioral interview questions by examining the STAR Approach to answering interview questions
- Get acquainted with LinkedIn and learn specific steps to quickly achieve “All-Star” strength for your professional profile.
- Score your LinkedIn Profile with The LinkedIn Analysis tool in Professional.Me.
- Define your specialty, level of expertise and express how companies or people would benefit from working with you
This course has a combination of live instructor-led lecture, facilitated discussions and individual exercises which will all contribute to job search success.
Each participant will receive a full set of electronic job search materials for their individual use during and after the workshop.
To improve your workshop experience, you would need to have the following completed prior to your workshop:
STEP 2 - Your most current resume is uploaded into your TheProfessional.me account
STEP 3 - You have a www.linkedin.com account and can access it in the workshop
200 W Adams Suite 410 Chicago, IL 60606
|11/15/2018 09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
S M T W T F S
|12/06/2018 09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
S M T W T F S
|12/20/2018 09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
S M T W T F S
720 E Butterfield Rd Suite 100 Lombard, IL 60148
|11/20/2018 09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
S M T W T F S
|12/18/2018 09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
S M T W T F S
Exam Pass Guarantee
At Microtrain we are committed to your success!
Let us show you the return you get from great tech training. We will personally guarantee that if you take our class and follow our program you will be successfully certified!