Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Exam Prep
Become a Project Hero!
Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
Organizations with standardized practices attain better results, as shown in the 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
Because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
Project management is a rapidly growing profession. Through 2020, 1.57 million new project management related jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners are in demand. With the CAPM certification, you’ll be on the fast track to taking advantage of this opportunity.
The CAPM credential signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations, and experts worldwide.
Become a CAPM and become a project hero.
Who benefits from CAPM certification?
- Anyone looking to showcase project management knowledge
- Anyone wanting to add project management skills into your current role
- Anyone who would like to manage larger projects and gain more responsibility
- Anyone looking to stand out to employers and recruiters
- Anyone seeking professional development, recognition, or promotion
- Anyone with project management experience who wishes to stay up-to-date with industry best practices
NOTE - This is a WIOA Approved Training Program.
About this Course
MicroTrain’s 5-day instructor-led CAPM exam preparation course is designed to teach the project management framework necessary for success on the exam and on the job. Materials in this class are based on the text, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)-Sixth edition. MicroTrain has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, and our trainers are PMP® credential holders. Instructors present the material in an informative, easy-to-digest manner. In addition to hands-on instruction, included in the course fee are a comprehensive course workbook and supplemental training aids.
Microtrain has been helping professionals achieve certifications for over 17 years. We offer certified instructors, in-classroom instruction, supplemental training materials valued at over $200 and the Microtrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
To be eligible for the CAPM certification, you must first meet specific education and experience requirements and adhere to a professional code of conduct. (See below for details)
A combination of live instructor-led lecture facilitated discussion and exercises, and numerous practice tests contribute to successful exam readiness. In-class assignments and instructor-led reviews are designed to help you understand, not just memorize key project management concepts
Each participant will receive a comprehensive student course manual. This manual complements the PMBOK® Guide, 6th edition for CAPM exam success and comes complete with a 200 question exam simulation application and 50/100 question ITTO (inputs, tools & techniques, outputs) exams created with over 500 ITTO questions in the database.
This student workbook:
- Covers all knowledge areas as well as the five process groups.
- Contains 560 exam format sample questions.
- Includes Mindmaps for each knowledge area.
- Presents clear, identifiable formulas with memorization keys.
- Offers online access to one of the most up-to-date learning materials available.
- PLUS you will be provided supplemental training aids valued at over $200
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the meaning of project management
- Understand the 49 processes, 10 knowledge areas, and terminology within the PMBOK® Guide
- Apply project management tools and techniques to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control & close a project
- Demonstrate the importance of project management as it affects strategy and business success
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of ethics and professional responsibility
- Welcome and Introduction
- Environment and Framework
- Role of Project Manager
- Professional and Social Responsibility
- Exam Registration and Tips
If you’d like to manage larger projects and gain more responsibility or add project management skills into your current role, then the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is right for you.
To qualify for taking the CAPM examination, a 150-question, multiple-choice test, you need to meet the following experience and education requirements:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent).
- 1,500 hours of project experience
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam *
* This course satisfies the 23 contact hours of formal project management education.
Tips for Exam Success
- This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early.
- Classes are expected to start and end on time and students who arrive late or leave early will miss important exam-related information.
- In preparation for the best success in earning the CAPM certification, take these steps before the course begins:
- Create or update your TheProfessional.me profile for access to all class information details, exam preparation learning aids, and class notifications.
- Complete or mostly complete your CAPM exam application. The best way to prepare and submit your application is online at pmi.org.
- Members of PMI have access to a free copy of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)-Sixth edition, online that may be printed.
Exam CAPM®: Certified Associate in Project Management
The Logistics of Your Exam
- The cost of the exam is an additional $364
Apply for the exam at the PMI website.
Once your application is approved, you can schedule your exam at a testing site or in an online proctored environment through Pearson VUE by logging-in to your MyPMI account and follow the prompts.
Review CAPM Handbook for more information on exam policies and procedures
Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
1,500 hours of project experience
23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
|Number of Questions||150|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||3 hours|
|Exam Results||Provided immediately|
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.