Tip of the Week: Are You Making These Job Search Mistakes?
When it comes to your job search, there are definitely some things you can do right, and some things you can do wrong. Effective network—right. Only applying for jobs online—wrong.
Some job search mistakes can easily be avoided including typos on your resume, not customizing your resume to fit the job opening, or not actively utilizing LinkedIn. All it takes is a little time, dedication and know-how. And since your job search is the all important route for you to obtain the employment/investment opportunity you desire, isn’t it worth another look to make sure you’re not making these common mistakes?
Knowledge is power and below are a few articles that can give your job search the power-boost it needs.
- 20 Avoidable Job Search Mistakes
- Interviews, Resumes, Following Up: Common Job-Seeker Mistakes
- 4 Common LinkedIn Job Search Mistakes
- 10 Useless Resume Words—and 10 Eye-Catching Ones
- Top 5 Mistakes on Executive Resumes
- The Dirty Dozen Online Job Search Mistakes
- 8 Mistakes That Can Hurt Your Job Search
- Funny Resume Mistakes
- 5 Resumes Mistakes You Need to Avoid