Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at email@example.com.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam Prep
Become a Project Hero!
The Project Management Professional (PMP)® is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
You can find PMPs leading projects in nearly every country and, unlike other certifications that focus on a particular geography or domain, the PMP is truly global. As a PMP, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology, and in any location.
The PMP certification can also provide a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to Project Mangement Institute (PMI)® Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification.*
Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015.)
The PMP signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations, and experts worldwide.
Become a PMP and become a project hero!
Who benefits from PMP Certification?
- Anyone looking to showcase project management knowledge
- Anyone looking to stand out to employers and recruiters
- Anyone seeking professional development, recognition, or promotion
- Anyone with project management experience who wishes to stay up-to-date with industry best practices
- Your company benefits from your certified project management know-how
NOTE - This is a WIOA Approved Training Program
About this Course
Microtrain’s 5-day Project Management exam preparation instructor-led course is designed to meet the needs of those wishing to prepare to take the PMP® and CAPM® certification exams, and take the next step in their career. Materials in this class are based on the text, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)-Sixth edition, and is centered around a standard framework utilizing tools, techniques, and best practices for managing projects. Our trainers are PMP credential holders and present the material in an informative, easy-to-digest manner. In addition to hands-on instruction, included in the course fee are a comprehensive course workbook and supplemental training aids.
Microtrain has been helping professionals achieve certifications for almost 20 years. We offer certified instructors, in-classroom instruction, supplemental training materials valued at over $200 and the Microtrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
MicroTrain has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, and they are the world's leading not-for-profit professional membership association for project, program, and portfolio management. Founded in 1969, PMI delivers value for more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world through global advocacy, collaboration, education, and research. PMI advances careers, improves organizational success and further matures the profession of project management through its globally recognized standards, certifications, resources, tools, academic research, publications, professional development courses, and networking opportunities.
To be eligible for the PMP certification, you must first meet specific education and experience requirements and adhere to a professional code of conduct. (See below for details)
A combination of live instructor-led lecture facilitated discussion and exercises, and numerous practice tests contribute to successful exam readiness. In-class assignments and instructor-led reviews are designed to help you understand, not just memorize key project management concepts
Each participant will receive a comprehensive student course manual. This manual complements the PMBOK Guide and comes complete with a 200 question exam simulation application and 50/100 question ITTO (inputs, tools & techniques, outputs) exams created with over 500 ITTO questions in the database.
This student workbook:
- Covers all knowledge areas as well as the five process groups.
- Contains 560 exam format sample questions.
- Includes Mindmaps for each knowledge area.
- Presents clear, identifiable formulas with memorization keys.
- Offers online access to one of the most up-to-date learning materials available.
- PLUS you will be provided supplemental training aids valued at over $200
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the meaning of project management
- Understand the 49 processes, 10 knowledge areas, and terminology within the PMBOK® Guide
- Apply project management tools and techniques to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control & close a project
- Demonstrate the importance of project management as it affects strategy and business success
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of ethics and professional responsibility
- Welcome and Introduction
- Environment and Framework
- Role of Project Manager
- Professional and Social Responsibility
- Exam Registration and Tips
If you’re an experienced project manager responsible for all aspects of project delivery, leading and directing cross-functional teams, then the PMP certification exam is the right choice for you.
To qualify for taking the PMP examination, a 200-question, multiple-choice test, you need to meet the following experience and education requirements:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education **
- Four-year degree
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education *
* This course satisfies the required 35 contact hours of formal project management education.
Tips for Exam Success
- This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students should not expect the class to end early. Classes are expected to start and end on time and students who arrive late or leave early will miss important exam-related information.
- In preparation for the best success in earning the PMP certification, take these steps before the course begins:
- Create or update your TheProfessional.me profile for access to all class information details, exam preparation learning aids, and class notifications
- Complete or mostly complete your PMP exam application. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online at PMI's website
- Members of PMI have access to a free copy of the PMBOK Guide online that may be printed. Students are advised to read the PMBOK Guide prior to class
Exam PMP®: Project Management Professional
The Logistics of Your Exam
- The cost of the exam is an additional $555
Apply for the exam at the PMI website.
Once your application is approved, locate a Prometric testing center and schedule your PMP exam
Review Project Management Professional (PMP) Handbook for more information on exam policies and procedures
35 hours of project management education (covered in Microtrain course)
B.A. and 4500 hrs (3 yrs) leading and directing projects within the last 8 years
-OR-High school diploma and 7500 hours (5 yrs) leading and directing projects within the last 8 years
|Number of Questions||180|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||230 minutes|
|Exam Results||Provided immediately|
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.