Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at email@example.com.
CCNA - Security
CCNA-Security Certification Meets the Needs of IT Professionals Who Are Responsible For Network Security
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Who benefits from CCNA-Security certification?
Anyone who completed CCNA-Routing and Switching and wishes to enter the network security field
Anyone looking to acquire roles such as Network Security Specialist, Security Administrator, and Network Security Support Engineer
- Anyone looking to stay competitive and advance their career by gaining knowledge and certification
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand core security technologies.
- Develop a security infrastructure.
- Recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks.
- Mitigate security threats.
1. Exclusive - NAT and PAT
- Basics of NAT and PAT
- Configuring NAT and PAT
- Maintaining NAT and PAT
- Advanced Concepts in NAT and PAT
2. Introduction to Network Security Principles
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Network Attack Methodologies
- Operations Security
- Security Policy
- Building Cisco Self-Defending Networks
- Cryptographic Services
- Symmetric Encryption
- Cryptographic Hashes and Digital Signatures
- Asymmetric Encryption and PKI
3. Perimeter Security
- Securing Administrative Access to Cisco Routers
- Cisco SDM
- Configuring AAA on a Cisco Router Using the Local Database
- Configuring AAA on a Cisco Router to Use Cisco Secure ACS
- Implementing Secure Management and Reporting
- Locking Down the Router
4. Network Security Using Cisco IOS Firewalls
- Firewall Technologies
- Creating Static Packet Filters Using ACLs
- Configuring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewall
5. Site-to-Site VPNs
- IPsec Fundamentals
- Building a Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Configuring IPsec on a Site-to-Site VPN Using Cisco SDM
- Exclusive - IPsec over GRE
6. Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
- IPS Technologies
- Configuring Cisco IOS IPS Using Cisco SDM
7. LAN, SAN, Voice, and Endpoint Security Overview
- Endpoint Security
- SAN Security
- Voice Security
- Mitigating Layer 2 Attacks
Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
Exam 210-260: CCNA Security
This exam tests the candidate's knowledge of secure network infrastructure, understanding core security concepts, managing secure access, VPN encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, web and email content security, and endpoint security. This exam validates skills for installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of a secure network to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
The Logistics of Your Exam
- The cost of the exam is an additional $300
Locate a Pearson Vue testing center near you
Create a Pearson Vue Testing Account and Schedule Your Exam
Review Cisco Certification Exam Policies and Requirements prior to taking your exam
|Number of Questions||60-70|
|Types of Questions||
|Length of Test||90 minutes|
|Exam Results||Preliminary results provided immediately|
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.