Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 Level 1
Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 Level 1 introduces the basic features of Photoshop, focusing on photography components. Students will learn how to use Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs.
Before taking this course, students should have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, and so on. It is also recommended that students have some experience with digital photography and graphics working with Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®, Adobe® InDesign®, or Microsoft® Office Publisher.
Who benefits from Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 Level 1?
- Any computer-savvy professionals who want to create and enhance graphics for marketing materials, newsletters, blogs, and websites
- Any photographers who want to work with and prepare photos for print or the web
- Anyone with an interest in graphic design or those with novice design skills
- Any professionals who want to learn and use Photoshop as a complement to other Adobe programs, such as Illustrator
- Anyone looking to prepare for the Adobe Visual Communication Using Photoshop CS6 exam
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of the Photoshop workspace and Adobe Bridge
- Define image size, resolution, and color modes
- Work with selection tools and layers
- Make image enhancements and adjustments
- Open and modify an image in Camera Raw
- Prepare images for print and the web
After this course, students will be prepared to move on to Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 Level 2.
WIOA Approved Training Course
- Getting Started with Photoshop
- Beginning with Image Basics
- Managing Selections and Layers
- Making Image Adjustments
- Refining Images
- Saving Images for Web and Print
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.