Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2
This course expands on the topics covered in Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1, introducing more advanced InDesign techniques. Students will learn how to create much lengthier interactive documents that can be accessed across a range of devices.
Who benefits from Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2?
- Anyone in charge of marketing, graphic design, or visual communications who wishes to use InDesign to create professional-looking visual media
- Anyone who has or wishes to have marketing or design responsibilities and wants to master the InDesign program
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create interactive documents and export them for viewing in a web browser
- Incorporate various features such as buttons, page transitions, movies and audio files, hyperlinks and animation
- Assign color profiles and establish print presets
- Include features as a table of contents, footnotes, cross-references and an index
WIOA Approved Training Course
Creating Documents for Multiple Formats
- Build Layout Variations
- Link Content
Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Create Repeating Content
- Work with Text Layouts
- Create Transparency
- Use Anchored Objects
- Manage a Library
- Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Create Nested and GREP Styles
- Apply Styles in a Sequence and Manage Overrides
- Redefine Styles and Break Style Links
Building Complex Paths
- Create Bézier Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Compound Paths
Managing External Files
- Import Layered Files
- Merge Data
Creating Dynamic Documents
- Create Document Sections
- Insert Text Variables
- Create Interactive Documents
Managing Long Documents
- Create a Book
- Build a Table of Contents
- Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Generate an Index
- Insert Footnotes
Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats
- Export PDF files for Print
- Export Interactive PDF Files
- Export Files for Animation
- Export Files for the Web
Customizing Print Settings
- Manage Colors
- Preview the Print Output
- Create Print Presets
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.