Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and safety of our students, visitors, staff and the community at large is our first priority. Social distancing is a must, as such Microtrain will be delivering courses using a remote live solution for all courses until further notice.
Now is the time for us to come together to support each other and tackle the challenges we are facing. Please let us know what we can do for you during this time; we’re always here to assist and help however we can.
We invite you to share your insights, ideas, and strategies with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2
This course expands on the topics covered in Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1, introducing more advanced InDesign techniques. Students will learn how to create much lengthier interactive documents that can be accessed across a range of devices.
Who benefits from Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2?
- Anyone in charge of marketing, graphic design, or visual communications who wishes to use InDesign to create professional-looking visual media
- Anyone who has or wishes to have marketing or design responsibilities and wants to master the InDesign program
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create interactive documents and export them for viewing in a web browser
- Incorporate various features such as buttons, page transitions, movies and audio files, hyperlinks and animation
- Assign color profiles and establish print presets
- Include features as a table of contents, footnotes, cross-references and an index
WIOA Approved Training Course
Creating Documents for Multiple Formats
- Build Layout Variations
- Link Content
Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Create Repeating Content
- Work with Text Layouts
- Create Transparency
- Use Anchored Objects
- Manage a Library
- Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Create Nested and GREP Styles
- Apply Styles in a Sequence and Manage Overrides
- Redefine Styles and Break Style Links
Building Complex Paths
- Create Bézier Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Compound Paths
Managing External Files
- Import Layered Files
- Merge Data
Creating Dynamic Documents
- Create Document Sections
- Insert Text Variables
- Create Interactive Documents
Managing Long Documents
- Create a Book
- Build a Table of Contents
- Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Generate an Index
- Insert Footnotes
Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats
- Export PDF files for Print
- Export Interactive PDF Files
- Export Files for Animation
- Export Files for the Web
Customizing Print Settings
- Manage Colors
- Preview the Print Output
- Create Print Presets
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.