Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1
Adobe® InDesign®CS6 offers tools to customize, style, and format professional-looking page layouts and designs. The program has all the tools necessary to format pages of uniform text, create layouts with alternate size configurations, and customize text and graphics.
Who benefits from Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1?
- Anyone in charge of marketing, graphic design, or visual communications who wishes to use InDesign to create professional-looking visual media
- Anyone who has or wishes to have marketing or design responsibilities and wants to master the InDesign program
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of the InDesign interface
- Create a new document
- Customize a document by using graphics, colors, and styles
- Manage page elements
- Build a table
- Prepare a document for delivery
After this course, students will be prepared to move on to Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2.
WIOA Approved Training Course
Getting Started with InDesign
- Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
- Customize the InDesign Interface
- Use the Navigation Controls
- Set Preferences
Designing a Document
- Create a New Document
- Add Text to a Document
- Add Graphics to a Document
Customizing a Document
- Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Create and Apply Styles
Working with Page Elements
- Arrange and Align Objects
- Use Layers
- Transform and Manipulate Objects
- Thread Text Frames
- Edit Text
- Create a New Table
- Modify a Table Structure
- Format a Table
Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Resolve Errors in a Document
- Print a Document
- Package a Document
- Export Files for Printing
- Export Files for the Web
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.