Chicago area career training
Microsoft Office 2013 Word Level 1
This covers different features of the interface, gives a brief overview of all the tabs in the ribbon, shows users how to print, and covers the basics of text formatting.
About This Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a simple document and insert and replace text within the document.
- Use Microsoft Word's automatic text features for entering text and access online help.
- Make changes to an existing document using a variety of editing techniques and keystroke commands.
- Modify the document by copying and editing selected text.
- Preview documents, apply and remove formatting that affects entire pages, and print the document.
- Change the appearance of a document by applying various paragraph formats and borders.
- Use tab stops within the document to align with the ruler.
- Adjust page margins and create headers and footers.
- Control page and section break with a Word document.
- Organize a text document into multiple columns.
After this course, students will move on to Level 2.
- Meeting Microsoft Office Word 2013
- Working with Your Document
- Getting Help in Word
The Word Interface
- Getting Acquainted
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Tabs and Groups
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Creating a Document
- Navigating in Your Document
- Selecting Text
- Moving Text
Doing More with Text
- Basic Text Formatting
- Fonts on the Home Tab
- The Font Dialog
- Paragraph Options
- Using Tabs
Printing and Viewing Your Document
- Using Layouts and Views
- Basic Viewing Tools
- Advanced View Tools
- Preparing Your Document
- Printing a Document
WIOA Approved Training Course
Exam Pass Guarantee
At Microtrain we are committed to your success!
Let us show you the return you get from great tech training. We will personally guarantee that if you take our class and follow our program you will be successfully certified!