Chicago area career training
Microsoft Office 2013 Outlook Level 2
This 1-day course expands on the concepts covered in Outlook Level 1, moving beyond basic use to cover more complex e-mail features such as organizing your e-mail, using rules, and setting up categories.
About This Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Delegate a task, reply to a task request, specify settings for tracking assigned tasks, and share task information with other users.
- Using the Journal to record items, modify and relate Journal to a contact.
- Organize your mailbox by creating additional folders, moving them around, and deleting them.
- Use advanced find feature to search for specific messages from others. Use color-coding to help itemize your mailbox.
- Create and use the Rule Wizard to customize incoming messages.
- Create and use message stationery, modify message and delivery settings, send messages while out of the office.
- Plan and respond to meeting requests.
- Share folder and calendar information within Outlook.
- Access shared Outlook information using public folder.
- Import and export information within Outlook.
- Archive and retrieve Outlook information.
- Modify the Outlook environment by customizing the menus and toolbars.
After this course, students will be ready to take the Outlook exam. For more information on the exam and course outline, click here.
Organizing Your E-mail, Part One
- Managing Folders
- Using the Favorites List
- Using Search Folders
- Searching in Outlook
Organizing Your E-mail, Part Two
- Using Rules and Cleanup Tools
- Using Quick Steps
- Configuring Categories
Advanced E-Mail Features
- Customizing and Using Stationery
- Customizing and Using Signatures
- Attaching Items to an E-mail
- Changing Message Options
- Setting Advanced Message Options
- Using the Outlook Options Dialog
- Using the Out of Office Assistant
Advanced Information Management Tools
- Advanced Calendar Options
- Managing Your Calendar
- Advanced Task Options
- Advanced Contact Management Options
- Advanced View Options
WIOA Approved Training Course
Exam 77-423: Microsoft Office 2013 Outlook
Who should take this exam?
Candidates can format email message content by using character and paragraph formatting, create or insert graphic elements, such as charts, tables, and SmartArt graphics, into messages. They can also send messages to private recipients by using the Bcc field. Candidates are able to create contact records, tasks, and appointments from incoming messages, and they set up contact groups to facilitate communication with other Outlook users. They may share schedule information with other Outlook users, too. Candidates schedule meetings involving people and system resources, and they delegate tasks to others. Core users personalize the Outlook program window and the Quick Access Toolbar to maximize their efficiency. They organize messages and other Outlook items, and they display different views of mail folders and of the calendar, address book, and task list. They may also display multiple calendars and share calendars with other Outlook users.
Microsoft Office Specialist exams are provided by a third-party vendor. Register for an exam at Certiport's website.
The Logistics of Your Exam
- The cost of the exam is an additional $96
Locate a Certiport testing center near you
Create a Certiport Account and Schedule Your Exam
Review Certiport and Microsoft Exam Policies prior to taking your exam
|Number of Questions||40-60|
|Types of Questions||Performance-based live in application testing|
|Length of Test||50 minutes|
|Exam Results||Provided immediately|
Exam Pass Guarantee
At Microtrain we are committed to your success!
Let us show you the return you get from great tech training. We will personally guarantee that if you take our class and follow our program you will be successfully certified!