Chicago area career training
70-685 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
This course is part of the MCITP Windows 7 certification path. After completion of this course, students will be able to support end users who run Microsoft Windows 7 in a corporate setting. They will gain experience using applications that are included with the operating system, such as Microsoft Office applications and productivity applications used in a corporate environment. Students will be able to solve operating system issues by telephone, email, connecting to an end user's system remotely, and will gain a working knowledge of operating in an Active Directory domain environment.
Identifying Cause of and Resolving Desktop Application Issues
- Solve software installation escalations.
- Installation permissions
- Local administrator requirement
- Licensing restrictions
- Digital signing
- Solve software failure escalations.
- Checking the logs
- Checking whether the application runs in Safe mode
- Running the application in a previous version of Windows
- Repairing the installation
- Checking recently added programs
- Restoring or reimaging the system
- Solve enterprise logon issues.
- Hardware vs. network
- Password expiration
- Trust relationships with machine accounts
- Determining log on context
- Log on hours compliance
- Solve enterprise network connectivity issues.
- Determining scope of issue
- Determining whether it’s a PC or a network connectivity issue
- Hardware and cabling
- Default gateway
- Solve enterprise names resolution issues.
- Checking which DNS is assigned
- Flushing the DNS cache
- Nslookup to DNS server
- Checking the DHCP scopes
- Solve enterprise network printer issues.
- Hardware failure
- Server issues
- Printer failure
- Network issues
- Driver issues
- Identify and/or resolve performance issues.
- Analyzing system and application logs
- Analyzing started services
- Setting power management
- Checking hard drive space
- Optimizing virtual memory
- Solve hardware failure issues.
- Identifying bad sectors
- Diagnosing memory issues
- Recommending replacement hardware
- Updating the BIOS
- Determining which component is broken
- Solve enterprise wireless connectivity issues.
- Signal strength
- Encryption types
- Encryption keys
- Wireless profiles
- Mobile devices
- Solve enterprise remote access issues.
- VPN client not connecting
- IPv6 support
- Access and authentication to network resources
- Solve Windows Internet Explorer security issues.
- Adding trusted sites
- Advanced settings
- Installing plug-ins
- Identifying group policy restrictions
- Solve enterprise issues due to malicious software.
- Analyzing services
- Analyzing programs
- Analyzing processes
- Analyzing browser helper add-ons
- User account control
- Solve enterprise storage security issues.
- Requirements for installing
- Recovering encryption keys
- Key management
- Solve enterprise software update issues.
- Identifying software update level
- Checking whether client is receiving regularly scheduled updates
- Identifying incompatibility of update with other applications
Exam 70-685: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
Exam Pass Guarantee
At Microtrain we are committed to your success!
Let us show you the return you get from great tech training. We will personally guarantee that if you take our class and follow our program you will be successfully certified!