Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2
This course expands on the topics covered in Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1, introducing more advanced InDesign techniques. Students will learn how to create much lengthier interactive documents that can be accessed across a range of devices.
Who benefits from Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2?
- Anyone in charge of marketing, graphic design, or visual communications who wishes to use InDesign to create professional-looking visual media
- Anyone who has or wishes to have marketing or design responsibilities and wants to master the InDesign program
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create interactive documents and export them for viewing in a web browser
- Incorporate various features such as buttons, page transitions, movies and audio files, hyperlinks and animation
- Assign color profiles and establish print presets
- Include features as a table of contents, footnotes, cross-references and an index
WIOA Approved Training Course
Creating Documents for Multiple Formats
- Build Layout Variations
- Link Content
Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Create Repeating Content
- Work with Text Layouts
- Create Transparency
- Use Anchored Objects
- Manage a Library
- Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Create Nested and GREP Styles
- Apply Styles in a Sequence and Manage Overrides
- Redefine Styles and Break Style Links
Building Complex Paths
- Create Bézier Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Compound Paths
Managing External Files
- Import Layered Files
- Merge Data
Creating Dynamic Documents
- Create Document Sections
- Insert Text Variables
- Create Interactive Documents
Managing Long Documents
- Create a Book
- Build a Table of Contents
- Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Generate an Index
- Insert Footnotes
Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats
- Export PDF files for Print
- Export Interactive PDF Files
- Export Files for Animation
- Export Files for the Web
Customizing Print Settings
- Manage Colors
- Preview the Print Output
- Create Print Presets
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.